Pubs will benefit from £1,000 business rates discount from April 2020.
The cut is on top of previously announced plans to slash the bills of small shops by 50%.
In a fresh demonstration of the government’s support for communities up and down the country, a new Pubs Relief will be introduced in April, with £1,000 being taken off the business rates bills of small pubs who qualify.
As many as 18,000 pubs are expected to benefit from the discount.
The relief will come on top of an extended retail discount which smaller pubs are also eligible to claim. Those able to claim both reliefs will benefit from a possible £13,500 off their annual bills.
From April this year:
- small shops and cafes will see their bills halved as the retail discount, currently a third off, is extended to 50%
- music venues and cinemas will become eligible for the retail discount
- a £1,500 discount for local newspapers office space will be extended for a further five years
Regional variations may apply. Check with your local rating authority to see how this announcement will affect your rates bill in 2020-21.
- Are you ready for 1 January 2021? - November 25, 2020
- Furlough claims from 1 November 2020 - November 24, 2020
- Are you eligible for further self-employed grants? - November 19, 2020
- Current businesses subject to lock-down - November 17, 2020
- Are you eligible for Universal Credit? - November 12, 2020
- Government financial support extended - November 9, 2020
- Get ready for end of EU transition period - November 5, 2020
- Are you making the most of your accounts data? - November 4, 2020