The following change in Companies House (CH) filing requirements will apply from the end of June 2016. The following post sets out the changes that will apply:
From 30 June 2016, the annual return is being replaced. Instead, you’ll now file a confirmation statement at least once a year. You need to check and confirm the company information CH hold for you and let them know if there are any changes.
To complete the confirmation statement, you will need to:
- check the information CH hold on your registered office, directors and location of registers – if there’s been any changes, you’ll need to complete a separate form before filing your confirmation statement
- check and if necessary update your shareholder information, statement of capital and your standard industry classification (SIC code)
- check and confirm your record is up to date
- pay the £13 fee to file online or £40 by paper
You can update your record as many times as you need to, but you’ll only be charged once a year. For most companies, this will also be the first time you will notify CH of your people with significant control (PSC). New companies will provide this information on their incorporation documents.
CH will send you an email alert or a reminder letter to your company’s registered office when your confirmation statement is due.
The due date is usually a year after the incorporation of your company or the date you filed your last annual return. You can file your confirmation statement up to 14 days after the due date.
If your made up date is between now and 30 June 2016, you’ll still need to file an annual return. For example, if your made up date is 20 June 2016, you’ll have until 18 July 2016 to file your annual return (due to the annual return’s 28-day grace period).
- Mini-Budget 23 September 2022 - September 23, 2022
- Businesses face rebranding following Queens death - September 22, 2022
- Prepare your business for the next big challenge - September 20, 2022
- We need to do things differently says Chancellor - September 16, 2022
- Tough new rules to protect against cyber attacks - September 13, 2022
- Energy bill support for families and businesses - September 12, 2022
- Bungling bundling bank to repay businesses - September 6, 2022
- Tax Diary September/October 2022 - September 1, 2022