As an accounts/audit senior you will be responsible for assisting the managers and partners in managing a portfolio of clients including companies, partnership and sole practitioners.
The role will be predominately audit work (approx. 60%) although there will also be management accounts and basic tax compliance work.
You will be:
- Planning and carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and back in the office.
- Drafting of corporate and personal tax computations.
- Supervising and supporting the work of more junior staff
- Keeping managers and partners up to date with progress on all work.
- Assist corporate finance team with specialist assignments such as acquisition advice, business disposals, raising finance, business plans, preparing projections, sector research and analysis
Desired Skills and Experience
- Newly or recently qualified ACA / ACCA
- Experience of systems controls testing as well as substantive and analytical review auditing techniques, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures and use of paperless electronic audit files
- Understanding the bigger picture as well as auditing individual balances
- Good working knowledge of UK accounting standards
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation of audit assistants
- Good project management techniques including decision making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation, evaluative and administrative skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a pressurised environment
- Have a sound track record in meeting deadlines and demonstrate effectiveness within a team environment
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Jane Dennis (email@example.com)