If there was a measure of stability in UK politics, we would be expecting the usual dispatch-box presentation by the Chancellor before Christmas. The annual budget is usually presented November each year.
This may still happen this year, but present uncertainties regarding the Brexit outcome, and the present government’s slim majority may scupper that timetable – we may have two budgets this Autumn or none at all.
Never-the-less, we will advise if and when a date is agreed. If we do leave the EU with no-deal, gripping the sides of your chair may be in order as the fiscal changes required (changes to taxation) to meet the resulting economic consequences, may be significant.
We will keep you posted.
- Mini-Budget delivers some big changes - September 29, 2022
- Relief scheme takes the heat off energy bills - September 27, 2022
- Mini-Budget 23 September 2022 - September 23, 2022
- Businesses face rebranding following Queens death - September 22, 2022
- Prepare your business for the next big challenge - September 20, 2022
- We need to do things differently says Chancellor - September 16, 2022
- Tough new rules to protect against cyber attacks - September 13, 2022
- Energy bill support for families and businesses - September 12, 2022