If there was a measure of stability in UK politics, we would be expecting the usual dispatch-box presentation by the Chancellor before Christmas. The annual budget is usually presented November each year.
This may still happen this year, but present uncertainties regarding the Brexit outcome, and the present government’s slim majority may scupper that timetable – we may have two budgets this Autumn or none at all.
Never-the-less, we will advise if and when a date is agreed. If we do leave the EU with no-deal, gripping the sides of your chair may be in order as the fiscal changes required (changes to taxation) to meet the resulting economic consequences, may be significant.
We will keep you posted.
- Private residence, court actions available on separation or divorce - January 21, 2021
- Consider online tax payment plans - January 19, 2021
- Why go digital? - January 14, 2021
- Business Lock-down summary January 2021 - January 12, 2021
- Is your 2019-20 tax return filed? - January 8, 2021
- Best wishes for 2021 - January 6, 2021
- The transition period has ended - January 4, 2021
- Tax Diary January/February 2021 - January 4, 2021