If there was a measure of stability in UK politics, we would be expecting the usual dispatch-box presentation by the Chancellor before Christmas. The annual budget is usually presented November each year.
This may still happen this year, but present uncertainties regarding the Brexit outcome, and the present government’s slim majority may scupper that timetable – we may have two budgets this Autumn or none at all.
Never-the-less, we will advise if and when a date is agreed. If we do leave the EU with no-deal, gripping the sides of your chair may be in order as the fiscal changes required (changes to taxation) to meet the resulting economic consequences, may be significant.
We will keep you posted.
- Tax Diary April/May 2021 - April 12, 2021
- Challenges for 2021-22 - April 8, 2021
- New National Minimum Wage rates apply from 1 April 2021 - April 7, 2021
- Small Business Brexit Support Fund - April 5, 2021
- Furlough scheme changes from 1 July 2021 - April 5, 2021
- Temporary extension of loss relief carry-backs - April 5, 2021
- Recently self-employed? - April 5, 2021
- Super-deductions, what are they? - April 1, 2021