If there was a measure of stability in UK politics, we would be expecting the usual dispatch-box presentation by the Chancellor before Christmas. The annual budget is usually presented November each year.
This may still happen this year, but present uncertainties regarding the Brexit outcome, and the present government’s slim majority may scupper that timetable – we may have two budgets this Autumn or none at all.
Never-the-less, we will advise if and when a date is agreed. If we do leave the EU with no-deal, gripping the sides of your chair may be in order as the fiscal changes required (changes to taxation) to meet the resulting economic consequences, may be significant.
We will keep you posted.
- Waiving salaries or dividends - May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Business update 27 May 2020 - May 27, 2020
- Cash boost for new business start-ups - May 26, 2020
- Social distancing at work - May 21, 2020
- Title: Coronavirus – Business support updates 19 May 2020 - May 19, 2020
- Six-month extension to MOT dates - May 18, 2020
- Coronavirus – Business support updates 13 May 2020 - May 13, 2020
- Claiming tax relief for home office expenses - May 7, 2020