Philip Hammond has announced the date for the Autumn Statement: 23 November 2016.
In the past, Chancellors have used the occasion to set the scene for the following years’ budgets. This year, Philip Hammond will be disclosing the fiscal direction of the new Conservative government. Are we to have evermore “austerity”, cuts in government expenditure, or will the Treasury abandon its commitment to reducing debt and balancing UK’s books?
No doubt the economic effects of Brexit will weigh heavily on the argument: can we afford to suppress economic activity if we are facing the loss of the EU single market?
All eyes will be on Philip Hammond as he rises to speak on the 23rd. A lot hangs on what he says.
- Tax Diary February/March 2023 - January 31, 2023
- PAYE and overseas employees 24773 - January 31, 2023
- When you must register for VAT - January 31, 2023
- Limits to tax relief for pension contributions - January 31, 2023
- Corporation tax changes April 2023 - January 31, 2023
- Do not get caught out by dodgy job ads - January 31, 2023
- Electric car owners to save money under landmark initiative - January 26, 2023
- Be on your guard against scammers - January 24, 2023