Philip Hammond has announced the date for the Autumn Statement: 23 November 2016.
In the past, Chancellors have used the occasion to set the scene for the following years’ budgets. This year, Philip Hammond will be disclosing the fiscal direction of the new Conservative government. Are we to have evermore “austerity”, cuts in government expenditure, or will the Treasury abandon its commitment to reducing debt and balancing UK’s books?
No doubt the economic effects of Brexit will weigh heavily on the argument: can we afford to suppress economic activity if we are facing the loss of the EU single market?
All eyes will be on Philip Hammond as he rises to speak on the 23rd. A lot hangs on what he says.
- Mini-Budget delivers some big changes - September 29, 2022
- Relief scheme takes the heat off energy bills - September 27, 2022
- Mini-Budget 23 September 2022 - September 23, 2022
- Businesses face rebranding following Queens death - September 22, 2022
- Prepare your business for the next big challenge - September 20, 2022
- We need to do things differently says Chancellor - September 16, 2022
- Tough new rules to protect against cyber attacks - September 13, 2022
- Energy bill support for families and businesses - September 12, 2022