Fairhurst is an independent chartered accountancy practice based in Wigan. Our professional excellence and commitment to our clients has firmly established Fairhurst as one of the leading independent chartered accountancy practices in the Northwest. We have successfully acted for many owner-managed businesses for over 80 years as accountants, auditors, tax specialists and trusted advisors.
Job description: We have an exciting opportunity for an Audit & Accounts Senior to join our practice.
The ideal candidate will be based at our Wigan office and work as part of a team to provide audit and accounts support to the Audit Managers. This opportunity is for a full-time position, working 37.5 hours per week over 5 days on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To assist the audit managers on a variety of audits from planning to completion and to supervise more junior members of staff.
- Identify complex audit and accounting matters, dealing with them where appropriate and referring them on to your manager when
- Prepare statutory accounts under FRS 101, FRS 102 and SORP 102.
- Corporate and personal tax compliance work and occasionally get involved in tax planning..
- Liaise with clients ensuring a timely delivery of services and manage the relationship in a professional manner.
- Handling any client queries
- Use of Excel spreadsheets to present and analyse key information
- Ensure client files are organised and up to date with new information and key changes.
- All other audit / account related tasks and any other ad-hoc duties as instructed by the line manager.
The current workload is approximately split between 70% audit and 30% non-audit but may change with client requirements.
Audit sectors include, but are not limited to, construction, manufacturing, hospitality, charities and companies requiring to be audited under FSA rules.
Key skills & experience:
- Minimum 12 months post ACA/ACCA qualification
- 1+ years’ audit experience within a similar role
- Qualified by experience would also be considered
- Tax compliance experience preferred but not necessary
- Cloud based software is used regularly at Fairhurst so knowledge of Xero and Sage would be beneficial.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Proactive approach.
- Must be able to think clearly, deliver quickly and accurately
- Persistent, resourceful, self-motivated and be able to work to deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships – internal and external
In return Fairhurst are able to offer a competitive salary (dependent upon experience) and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com