Prior to 11 March 2020, business owners could sell multiple, qualifying businesses during their lifetime, and as long as the total chargeable gains did not exceed £10m, a reduced rate of Capital Gains Tax of just 10% would apply.
Since budget day, 11 March 2020, this lifetime allowance has been reduced to £1m.
Business owners who are contemplating a sale of their business after the March date may need to rethink their disposal strategies as this change could potentially double the amount of CGT payable on their sale.
Please contact us for more information on this topic.
- Mini-Budget delivers some big changes - September 29, 2022
- Relief scheme takes the heat off energy bills - September 27, 2022
- Mini-Budget 23 September 2022 - September 23, 2022
- Businesses face rebranding following Queens death - September 22, 2022
- Prepare your business for the next big challenge - September 20, 2022
- We need to do things differently says Chancellor - September 16, 2022
- Tough new rules to protect against cyber attacks - September 13, 2022
- Energy bill support for families and businesses - September 12, 2022