The following announcement was recently made by Companies House:
Businesses will be given additional support to help them meet their legal responsibilities under changes announced today (16 April 2020).
Companies House will temporarily pause the strike off process to prevent companies being dissolved. This will give businesses affected by the coronavirus outbreak the time they need to update their records and help them avoid being struck off the register.
In addition, companies issued with a late filing penalty due to COVID-19 will have appeals treated sympathetically.
Today’s announcement builds on measures already implemented by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, which give businesses the ability to apply for a 3-month extension to file accounts with Companies House.
As part of the agreed measures, while companies will still have to apply for the 3-month extension to be granted, those citing issues around COVID-19 will be automatically and immediately granted an extension.
- Government acknowledges HGV driver shortage - July 27, 2021
- Time to check Minimum Wage Rates? - July 22, 2021
- Claiming for work-related expenses - July 20, 2021
- Is inflation something to be concerned about? - July 15, 2021
- Is July 19th freedom-day? - July 13, 2021
- Business rates overall for England - July 8, 2021
- Furlough support changed 1 July 2021 - July 6, 2021
- Tax Diary July/August 2021 - July 1, 2021