Companies House support for ailing businesses
The following announcement was recently made by Companies House:
Businesses will be given additional support to help them meet their legal responsibilities under changes announced today (16 April 2020).
Companies House will temporarily pause the strike off process to prevent companies being dissolved. This will give businesses affected by the coronavirus outbreak the time they need to update their records and help them avoid being struck off the register.
In addition, companies issued with a late filing penalty due to COVID-19 will have appeals treated sympathetically.
Today’s announcement builds on measures already implemented by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, which give businesses the ability to apply for a 3-month extension to file accounts with Companies House.
As part of the agreed measures, while companies will still have to apply for the 3-month extension to be granted, those citing issues around COVID-19 will be automatically and immediately granted an extension.
- Chancellor targets business growth in Spring Budget - March 20, 2023
- Budget summary 15 March 2023 - March 16, 2023
- Leaving your business? Why you should plan an exit strategy - March 10, 2023
- Thinking of ditching the 9-5 and going self-employed? - March 8, 2023
- Why close a limited company - March 7, 2023
- A reminder – points add up to penalties from 1 January 2023 - March 2, 2023
- Tax Diary March/April 2023 - March 1, 2023
- Gaps in your National Insurance record - March 1, 2023