A Fix your Bike Voucher Scheme has been launched by the Department for Transport as an incentive to encourage the numbers of people using their bikes to commute and for leisure purposes.
How the scheme works
Bike repairers must be located in England.
Bike repairers must meet certain eligibility criteria including the possession of valid public liability insurance with a minimum cover of £2 million. When registering, businesses will need to provide some information about their business along with evidence that they have the necessary insurance to carry out cycle repairs.
A full list of terms and conditions and eligibility criteria is provided when you register.
Bike owners will apply for the £50 vouchers and present these to approved repairers to defray the cost of repairs.
Repairers will then recover the £50 from the Energy Saving Trust.
How to apply
Repairers will need to register on the Energy Saving Trust website at https://fixyourbikevoucherscheme.est.org.uk/
Registration for vouchers by bike owners will reopen at a later date.
The Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme aims to encourage more people in England to embrace cycling as an alternative to private cars, particularly while social distancing measures are in place. The scheme is for anyone who has an unused cycle in need of repair. It will help them get it back on the road by providing £50 towards the cost of a service and repair for up to two cycles per household.
- Small companies required to file profit and loss when new Bill becomes law - September 26, 2023
- Companies House fees expected to rise to fund new powers - September 21, 2023
- Retirees set for second bumper State Pension hike as pay inflation soars - September 19, 2023
- Clampdown on hidden online fees to help shoppers cut costs - September 14, 2023
- One in five strips back pension contributions or halts them altogether - September 12, 2023
- Trying to track down a pension? Help is at hand - September 7, 2023
- Tax Diary September/October 2023 - September 5, 2023
- Class 2 and 4 NIC for the self-employed - September 5, 2023