Almost three million people have moved off the furlough scheme since March as the economy began to bounce back and businesses reopened, according to new statistics.
This is unsurprising as employers are now expected to cover 20% of any hours not worked with government providing 60%.
It will be sobering to see how the final closing of the furlough scheme on 30 September will affect unemployment rates.
Readers who are still undecided how to respond to these changes will need to make possibly agonising decisions in the coming month.
We can help. Please call so we can help you consider your options.
- More time to file tax returns and pay tax due - January 13, 2022
- Are you registered to use MTD for VAT? - January 11, 2022
- Don\’t forget to declare COVID-19 grants - January 6, 2022
- Will your earnings exceed any of these amounts in 2021-22? - January 5, 2022
- Tax Diary January/February 2022 - January 4, 2022
- January is tax payment time - January 4, 2022
- Time to dust-off those online shop plans? - January 4, 2022
- Lockdown survival tactics - January 4, 2022