Get information about a company
There is a significant amount of information about companies that can be obtained from Companies House. Companies House is responsible for incorporating and dissolving limited companies, examining and storing company information and making company information available to the public.
Much of this information is freely available. This is in line with the government’s commitment to free data and means that all publicly available digital data held on the UK register of companies is accessible without a charge.
- company information, for example, registered address and date of incorporation;
- current and resigned officers;
- document images;
- mortgage charge data;
- previous company names; and
- insolvency information.
There is also a service called WebCheck that allows you to view a company's filing history and purchase copies of document images and a selection of company reports for a nominal fee. You can also elect to monitor a company and receive email alerts of any new documents filed at Companies House. This can be a useful resource to check your own company records at Companies House to ensure there no unexpected filings.
- Green finance projects receive government backing - June 1, 2023
- Paying work-related expenses? Do not forget to claim - May 30, 2023
- The power of management accounting and cloud software for SMEs - May 25, 2023
- Rising cost of fuel and groceries fall under spotlight - May 23, 2023
- Government cash for industries to boost economy and cut emissions - May 18, 2023
- Millions of pounds saved as tide is turned on benefit fraudsters - May 16, 2023
- Tax change supports low-earning savers - May 11, 2023
- Restaurant and bar staff to benefit from new tipping law - May 9, 2023