Government have recently promoted their online webinars that aim to support businesses who will be affected by the end of the EU exit transition period, 31 December 2020.
Here’s what the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial activity have to say:
Over 3,000 people have attended government webinars to help them get ready for the end of the transition period, with 86% of those polled saying they would take action to prepare their business as a direct result of the sessions.
With just 63 days to go till the UK begins its new start outside of the EU single market and customs union, the Business Secretary Alok Sharma is encouraging businesses across the UK to sign themselves up for a webinar to help them prepare for the changes and opportunities ahead.
This second phase of webinars – which will run throughout November – will cover key issues that could affect businesses in multiple sectors, including personal data, and regulations on manufactured goods.
To register for the webinars go to https://www.workcast.com/ControlUsher.aspx?pak=2807339524439725
You can also obtain targeted advice on what you may need to do before the end of the year by completing the online questionnaire at https://www.gov.uk/transition.
A final word from government:
When the transition period ends on 31 December 2020, there will be a guaranteed set of changes and opportunities for which businesses need to prepare as the UK leaves the customs union and single market, including changes to the way businesses import and export goods, and the process for hiring people from the EU.
Use the links in the above post to ensure you are fully informed.
- More time to file tax returns and pay tax due - January 13, 2022
- Are you registered to use MTD for VAT? - January 11, 2022
- Don\’t forget to declare COVID-19 grants - January 6, 2022
- Will your earnings exceed any of these amounts in 2021-22? - January 5, 2022
- Tax Diary January/February 2022 - January 4, 2022
- January is tax payment time - January 4, 2022
- Time to dust-off those online shop plans? - January 4, 2022
- Lockdown survival tactics - January 4, 2022