Up to £20 million is being made available to increase productivity and sustainability in crop and ruminant agriculture systems through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
Innovate UK are looking for projects that improve productivity and sustainability in crop and ruminant agriculture.
There is £20 million to be shared across 2 types of project:
- productivity solutions, which develop a single intervention within a supply chain or production system,
- supply chain solutions, which develop multiple interventions across at least 3 parts of the supply chain, for example: beef producers, beef processors and supermarket retailers; plant breeders, arable producers and food manufacturers.
Projects should focus on one of two themes, to:
- drive productivity and improve environmental outcomes in crop and ruminant production systems,
- develop new, highly efficient, high-value production systems that maximise productivity and improve environmental performance.
This could include:
- combining digital technologies and engineering solutions with biological, environment or social science to improve productivity,
- developing technologies and systems that connect farms and supply chains,
- transferring an innovative technology from another sector into agriculture.
More details on the GOV.uk website at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/efficient-and-sustainable-agriculture-apply-for-funding
- Companies House fees expected to rise to fund new powers - September 21, 2023
- Retirees set for second bumper State Pension hike as pay inflation soars - September 19, 2023
- Clampdown on hidden online fees to help shoppers cut costs - September 14, 2023
- One in five strips back pension contributions or halts them altogether - September 12, 2023
- Trying to track down a pension? Help is at hand - September 7, 2023
- Tax Diary September/October 2023 - September 5, 2023
- Class 2 and 4 NIC for the self-employed - September 5, 2023
- Overview of private pension contributions - September 5, 2023