Up to £20 million is being made available to increase productivity and sustainability in crop and ruminant agriculture systems through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
Innovate UK are looking for projects that improve productivity and sustainability in crop and ruminant agriculture.
There is £20 million to be shared across 2 types of project:
- productivity solutions, which develop a single intervention within a supply chain or production system,
- supply chain solutions, which develop multiple interventions across at least 3 parts of the supply chain, for example: beef producers, beef processors and supermarket retailers; plant breeders, arable producers and food manufacturers.
Projects should focus on one of two themes, to:
- drive productivity and improve environmental outcomes in crop and ruminant production systems,
- develop new, highly efficient, high-value production systems that maximise productivity and improve environmental performance.
This could include:
- combining digital technologies and engineering solutions with biological, environment or social science to improve productivity,
- developing technologies and systems that connect farms and supply chains,
- transferring an innovative technology from another sector into agriculture.
More details on the GOV.uk website at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/efficient-and-sustainable-agriculture-apply-for-funding
- Loss of personal allowance - July 1, 2022
- New protection for tenants - July 1, 2022
- Coping with inflation - June 30, 2022
- Concerns about Repayment Agents - June 28, 2022
- Nothing to declare - June 23, 2022
- Proposed new deal for private renters - June 21, 2022
- Seeing is believing? - June 16, 2022
- Will quarterly reporting lead to quarterly payments? - June 14, 2022