High Street rejuvenation funding announced
The first 101 places to benefit from up to £25 million each from the Future High Streets Fund were announced over summer. In the latest step of the £3.6 billion investment in towns and high streets, 20 pilot areas across England will lead the way in rejuvenating town centres with expert and tailored support from the High Streets Task Force. The government has announced the first 14 of these 20 pilot areas.
The High Streets Task Force will give high streets and town centres advice, training and information to adapt and thrive, piloting a range of products and services with 20 places before rolling out across the country next year. The first 14 of the 20 areas were announced 30 December 2019 and are listed below.
The Task Force brings together a range of expert groups on reinventing and restructuring places, including the Royal Town Planning Institute and The Design Council.
Today the government is also announcing an extra £1 million dedicated to providing further support to the 101 high streets announced over summer in planning for the £25 million of funding that is available to them, ensuring the vibrance of these high streets for years to come.
The first fourteen places that will take part in the pilot are:
1. Salford – Swinton Town centre
2. Croydon – Thornton Heath
3. Staffordshire Moorlands – Cheadle
4. Rushmoor – Aldershot Town Centre
5. Birmingham – Stirchley
6. Hyndburn – Accrington Town Centre
7. South Lakeland – Kendal
8. Preston – Friargate
9. Coventry – Coventry City Centre
10. Hartlepool – Hartlepool Town Centre
11. Cheshire West and Chester – Ellesmere Port Town Centre
12. Sandwell – West Bromwich Town Centre
13. Knowsley – Huyton Town Centre
14. Manchester – Withington District Centre
- Making use of under-utilised resources - August 5, 2021
- New reforms to protect consumers hard-earned cash - August 4, 2021
- Tax Diary August/September 2021 - August 3, 2021
- Tax-free property and trading income - August 3, 2021
- Sponsoring a charity - August 3, 2021
- Business entertaining and tax relief - August 3, 2021
- VAT – Second-hand cars – using the Margin Scheme - August 3, 2021
- The furlough cliff edge - July 29, 2021