As you will see from the tax diary notes this month, there are two significant tax payment deadlines this month.
- 1 January 2022 – Companies with a 31 March 2021 year end date will need to settle their Corporation Tax payment on or before this date.
- 31 January 2022 – Taxpayers who are subject to self-assessment will need to pay any underpaid tax and NIC for 2020-21 plus any first payment on account for 2021-22.
Clients reading this reminder who need to know how much to pay or reference numbers to quote should contact us asap.
And if you cannot make payment in full, on the due date, you could contact HMRC to ask for more time.
You can make your own Time to Pay arrangement using your Government Gateway account, if you:
- have filed your latest tax return
- owe less than £30,000
- are within 60 days of the payment deadline
- plan to pay your debt off within the next 12 months or less
Call the Self-Assessment helpline if you cannot make your own Time to Pay Arrangement online, for example, if you owe more than £30,000 or need longer to pay.
Self-Assessment Payment Helpline
Telephone: 0300 200 3822
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
For other taxes, contact the Payment Support Service, 0300 200 3835.
- Tax gap running at 5% - July 5, 2022
- Tax Diary July/August 2022 - July 5, 2022
- Loss of personal allowance - July 1, 2022
- New protection for tenants - July 1, 2022
- Coping with inflation - June 30, 2022
- Concerns about Repayment Agents - June 28, 2022
- Nothing to declare - June 23, 2022
- Proposed new deal for private renters - June 21, 2022