In a further bid to encourage savings for a first property purchase, or retirement, a new ISA is being launched from April 2017 – the Lifetime ISA.
It will be available from April 2017 for adults under the age of 40. They will be able to contribute up to £4,000 per year, and receive a 25% bonus from the government.
Funds from the Lifetime ISA, including the government bonus, can be used to buy a first home at any time from 12 months after the account opening, and be withdrawn from age 60. There will be penalties for early withdrawals.
The government also announced that the overall annual ISA subscription limit will be increased to £20,000 from 6 April 2017.
- Are you ready for 1 January 2021? - November 25, 2020
- Furlough claims from 1 November 2020 - November 24, 2020
- Are you eligible for further self-employed grants? - November 19, 2020
- Current businesses subject to lock-down - November 17, 2020
- Are you eligible for Universal Credit? - November 12, 2020
- Government financial support extended - November 9, 2020
- Get ready for end of EU transition period - November 5, 2020
- Are you making the most of your accounts data? - November 4, 2020