In a further bid to encourage savings for a first property purchase, or retirement, a new ISA is being launched from April 2017 – the Lifetime ISA.
It will be available from April 2017 for adults under the age of 40. They will be able to contribute up to £4,000 per year, and receive a 25% bonus from the government.
Funds from the Lifetime ISA, including the government bonus, can be used to buy a first home at any time from 12 months after the account opening, and be withdrawn from age 60. There will be penalties for early withdrawals.
The government also announced that the overall annual ISA subscription limit will be increased to £20,000 from 6 April 2017.
- Tax gap running at 5% - July 5, 2022
- Tax Diary July/August 2022 - July 5, 2022
- Loss of personal allowance - July 1, 2022
- New protection for tenants - July 1, 2022
- Coping with inflation - June 30, 2022
- Concerns about Repayment Agents - June 28, 2022
- Nothing to declare - June 23, 2022
- Proposed new deal for private renters - June 21, 2022