The High Street Task Force has launched a range of support options for High Street traders in England. In a press release issued 12 June it was announced:
A package of support to help high streets to get back on their feet has been launched ahead of shops reopening from 15 June.
The High Streets Task Force will provide access to cutting-edge tools, training, information and advice for high streets across England as part of the government’s efforts to get shops back in business safely from 15 June.
This support is open to local councils and all organisations involved with high streets and will include free access to online training programmes, webinars, data and intelligence on topics including recovery planning and coordination, public space and place marketing.
The support will form one part of the Task Force’s 4-year programme which will focus on the long-term transformation of town and city centres and helping communities reimagine and revitalise their high streets.
The Task Force has also today confirmed Mark Robinson, co-founder of Ellandi and leading investor in regional town centres, has been appointed as the Chair of the Task Force Board.
The new Board will guide the work of the Task Force and act as a national voice for high streets, supporting them to transform town and city centres.
The announcement follows the opening of the government’s £50 million Reopening High Streets Safely Fund which will support local councils to safely reopen their high streets and other commercial areas.
You can register your interest in support for this initiative at https://www.highstreetstaskforce.org.uk/
- Mini-Budget delivers some big changes - September 29, 2022
- Relief scheme takes the heat off energy bills - September 27, 2022
- Mini-Budget 23 September 2022 - September 23, 2022
- Businesses face rebranding following Queens death - September 22, 2022
- Prepare your business for the next big challenge - September 20, 2022
- We need to do things differently says Chancellor - September 16, 2022
- Tough new rules to protect against cyber attacks - September 13, 2022
- Energy bill support for families and businesses - September 12, 2022