One aspect of the 1 July changes to the CJRS was the closing date to new entrants was set as 30 June 2020. This disadvantaged parents who had been on extended parental or maternal leave in recent months and were intending to return to work after 30 June.
The government has now confirmed that parents on statutory maternity and paternity leave who return to work in the coming months, after a long period of absence, will be permitted to be furloughed.
This will only apply where they work for an employer who has previously furloughed employees.
- Time to let your hair down. - October 21, 2021
- What is cabotage? - October 19, 2021
- Reduction in support for hospitality sector - October 14, 2021
- Tax year end – all change? - October 13, 2021
- Better late than never - October 7, 2021
- New measures to ease fuel supply chain pressures - October 5, 2021
- Tax Diary October/November 2021 - October 4, 2021
- Students are warned of tax scams - October 4, 2021