One aspect of the 1 July changes to the CJRS was the closing date to new entrants was set as 30 June 2020. This disadvantaged parents who had been on extended parental or maternal leave in recent months and were intending to return to work after 30 June.
The government has now confirmed that parents on statutory maternity and paternity leave who return to work in the coming months, after a long period of absence, will be permitted to be furloughed.
This will only apply where they work for an employer who has previously furloughed employees.
- Supreme Court determines Uber drivers are workers - February 25, 2021
- Do you qualify for the fourth SEISS grant? - February 23, 2021
- Tax claims if working from home - February 18, 2021
- UK Pensions Bill receives Royal Assent - February 16, 2021
- Prospects for 2021 - February 11, 2021
- New UK subsidies to replace EU State Aid - February 10, 2021
- Current tax year will still end 5 April 2021 - February 4, 2021
- Tax office moves the penalty spot - February 2, 2021