Protect your home address at Companies House
For those of us who are reluctant to see our home address on publicly available websites such as that provided by Companies House, they will be pleased by a recent change to data suppression laws. This should help you remove your home address from publicly available company documents in certain cases.
Companies House have announced:
The law has been changed to make it easier to remove your home address from the company register. This applies to company directors and others such as secretaries, people with significant control and LLP members, whose home address is publicly available on company documents.
To remove your home address, you can apply at a cost of £55 for each document you want to suppress.
You must provide an alternative correspondence address if you are still appointed to a live company, such as a current director. This will replace your home address on the public register.
If you are no longer appointed to a company, you do not need to provide an alternative address. Instead, only the first half of your postcode will be available to the public.
You cannot use this process to remove a home address if you have used it as a company’s registered office.
If you would like to take advantage of this facility you can wade through the Companies House Guidance on their website, search for “Restricting the disclosure of your information”. Or we can discuss your options and deal with the paperwork for you.
- Green finance projects receive government backing - June 1, 2023
- Paying work-related expenses? Do not forget to claim - May 30, 2023
- The power of management accounting and cloud software for SMEs - May 25, 2023
- Rising cost of fuel and groceries fall under spotlight - May 23, 2023
- Government cash for industries to boost economy and cut emissions - May 18, 2023
- Millions of pounds saved as tide is turned on benefit fraudsters - May 16, 2023
- Tax change supports low-earning savers - May 11, 2023
- Restaurant and bar staff to benefit from new tipping law - May 9, 2023