September 29, 2020
Over 100 towns in England will be given up to £1 million to kick start regeneration projects and give areas a boost.
This funding, which ranges from £500,000 up to £1 million per town, will be used to support projects...Read More...
September 25, 2020
Job Support Scheme
- A new 6-month scheme starting from 1 November 2020.
- This scheme has been designed to support viable jobs and employees must work at least one-third of their hours, paid as normal, in... Read More...
September 25, 2020
Hospitality trades are now mandated to collect the contact details of customers. Which logically assumes that if a customer refuses to provide this information they must be turned away?
The contact details required...Read More...
September 22, 2020
Pubs, restaurants, hairdressers, cinemas and other venues across England and Wales are being urged to download QR codes to prepare for public rollout of new app.
- The NHS COVID-19 app is currently being trialled and will launch on... Read More...
September 17, 2020
It is almost impossible to keep up with changes to overseas territories that require us to self-isolate when returning to the UK from a holiday or business trip.
The government have coined the phrase “travel corridor” to...Read More...
September 15, 2020
HMRC has been at the forefront of the government’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the extraordinary challenges being faced by millions of individuals and businesses.
According to HMRC:
The department...Read More...
September 10, 2020
It may surprise many smaller employers with staff working from home that they still have health and safety responsibilities. The following notes published by ACAS should be considered:
- talk to their... Read More...
September 9, 2020
There has been the usual political speculation that taxes will be increased in the forthcoming budget to pay for COVID grants and support.
Leaving aside the economic arguments for and against, what planning adjustments can we make now...Read More...
September 3, 2020
Government is to implement a new payment for people on low incomes in areas with high rates of COVID-19, who need to self-isolate and can’t work from home. Payments of up to £182 to be made to people who have tested positive for...Read More...
September 2, 2020
Online sales soared by 800% for London-based start-up, OLLY’S, after losing 40% of its monthly revenue overnight due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
The following was reported on the GOV>UK website recently:
Founded in...Read More...
- 100 towns to share 80 million pounds - September 29, 2020
- The new Winter Economy Plan - September 25, 2020
- Contact details or else… - September 25, 2020
- Are you ready for NHS COVID-19 app? - September 22, 2020
- Travel corridors - September 17, 2020
- HMRC put their case - September 15, 2020
- Employer obligations to employees working at home - September 10, 2020
- Are taxes on the increase? - September 9, 2020