Fairhurst is an independent practice of chartered accountants and tax advisers based in Wigan, Lancashire. Our professional excellence and commitment to our clients has firmly established Fairhurst as one of the leading independent practices in the Northwest. We have successfully acted for many owner-managed businesses for over 80 years as accountants, auditors, tax specialists and trusted advisors, our clients ranging from SME’s to large international groups and listed entities
Job description: We have an exciting opportunity within our tax team for a Private Client, Manager, Senior Manager or Director to join our practice.
Remuneration package range : £55,000 – £90,000
The ideal candidate will be based at our Wigan office and work as part of a team to lead the
firm’s private client tax services, with flexible home working also available. This opportunity is for a full-time permanent role..
Key responsibilities will include:
• Manage a portfolio of entrepreneurial private clients
• Advise on areas such as:
o Shareholder issues on transactions / MBO’s
o Reorganisations and demergers
o Private equity and EIS applications / compliance
o Renumeration planning
o Share schemes
o Capital taxes planning including Wills & estates
• Support the Tax partners with business development by spotting opportunities to win new work from both existing and new clients.
• Responsible for the general running of the private client department including managing junior staff and reviewing personal tax returns.
• Support a portfolio of domestic and international HNWIs, their trusts and associate entities.
• Assist Partners with ad hoc personal tax planning projects, offshore structuring, domicile advice and succession planning.
• Liaison with HM Revenue & Customs and clients on all personal tax issues including aspect enquiries and tax investigations
• Responsible for providing consistent client service of a high quality which includes maintaining regular client contact such as face to face meetings, email correspondence and telephone discussions.
Key skills & experience:
• ACA or CTA qualified
• 2+ years’ PQ experience in advising private clients in areas such as personal tax planning, trusts, inheritance tax planning and offshore advice.
• Strong technical knowledge in the private client tax advisory space.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
• Excellent attention to detail
• Organisation of personal workload
• Working as part of a team
• Proactive approach.
• Must be able to think clearly, deliver quickly and accurately
• Persistent, resourceful, self-motivated and be able to work to deadlines
• Ability to build effective working relationships – internal and external
In return Fairhurst are able to offer a competitive salary (dependent upon experience), a comprehensive benefits package as well as ongoing technical and skills development support.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Stephen Elliott (email@example.com)