We now know the Chancellor’s preferred strategy for plugging any hole in the UK’s finances is by tweaking taxation and using the proceeds to pay-back government borrowings.
Various government departments will also need to tighten their departmental belts to reduce government expenditure.
When we’ve had time to consider the effects of the announced budget changes, we will be highlighting any new ideas to make best use of any tax changes in the coming issues of this newswire.
In the meantime, if you have concerns about budget changes, and how these might impact your tax payments or business finances, please call. We are happy to discuss your options.
- Autumn Statement – the main points - November 30, 2023
- Check your National Insurance record online - November 28, 2023
- Autumn Statement Summary 2023 - November 23, 2023
- Autumn Statement wish list - November 22, 2023
- A billion pounds of business red tape to be removed - November 21, 2023
- Second cost of living support payments - November 16, 2023
- Could you be due a sizable tax refund? - November 14, 2023
- How to reward your staff and not the taxman - November 9, 2023