We now know the Chancellor’s preferred strategy for plugging any hole in the UK’s finances is by tweaking taxation and using the proceeds to pay-back government borrowings.
Various government departments will also need to tighten their departmental belts to reduce government expenditure.
When we’ve had time to consider the effects of the announced budget changes, we will be highlighting any new ideas to make best use of any tax changes in the coming issues of this newswire.
In the meantime, if you have concerns about budget changes, and how these might impact your tax payments or business finances, please call. We are happy to discuss your options.
- Mini-Budget 23 September 2022 - September 23, 2022
- Businesses face rebranding following Queens death - September 22, 2022
- Prepare your business for the next big challenge - September 20, 2022
- We need to do things differently says Chancellor - September 16, 2022
- Tough new rules to protect against cyber attacks - September 13, 2022
- Energy bill support for families and businesses - September 12, 2022
- Bungling bundling bank to repay businesses - September 6, 2022
- Tax Diary September/October 2022 - September 1, 2022