If you are a client, and registered to submit a Self Assessment tax return, we can provide you with a statement that you can use as evidence of earnings for mortgage purposes.
If you are not a client, there are many ways you can obtain this data direct from employers and other sources. For example, you could use the following as evidence of earnings:
- A P60 from your employer, you should receive this on or before the 1 May following the end of each tax year.
- Alternatively, you can contact HMRC and request a tax year overview. This will take approximately two weeks to arrive so you should possibly request this information before you apply for your mortgage or loan.
If you submit your own tax return using HMRC’s online portal, you should be able to download and print the evidence you need.
The evidence of earning that you should request from HMRC is called an SA302. You should be able to obtain copies for up to four years in this format.
- Spring Budget 2021 Summary - March 4, 2021
- Gender gap closing in UK board rooms - March 3, 2021
- Challenges as we emerge from lockdown - March 1, 2021
- Supreme Court determines Uber drivers are workers - February 25, 2021
- Do you qualify for the fourth SEISS grant? - February 23, 2021
- Tax claims if working from home - February 18, 2021
- UK Pensions Bill receives Royal Assent - February 16, 2021
- Prospects for 2021 - February 11, 2021