If you are a client, and registered to submit a Self Assessment tax return, we can provide you with a statement that you can use as evidence of earnings for mortgage purposes.
If you are not a client, there are many ways you can obtain this data direct from employers and other sources. For example, you could use the following as evidence of earnings:
- A P60 from your employer, you should receive this on or before the 1 May following the end of each tax year.
- Alternatively, you can contact HMRC and request a tax year overview. This will take approximately two weeks to arrive so you should possibly request this information before you apply for your mortgage or loan.
If you submit your own tax return using HMRC’s online portal, you should be able to download and print the evidence you need.
The evidence of earning that you should request from HMRC is called an SA302. You should be able to obtain copies for up to four years in this format.
- Ready for tax payments next month? - June 17, 2021
- Beware bogus contacts from HMRC - June 15, 2021
- VAT Deferral Scheme deadline - June 10, 2021
- Outlook for employment - June 9, 2021
- The 7-year rule - June 3, 2021
- Tax Diary June/July 2021 - June 2, 2021
- Importing goods for the first time? - June 2, 2021
- Furlough scheme ends September 2021 - June 2, 2021