As we have mentioned before in this newsletter, VAT returns filed for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019, may need to be filed using the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) protocols. The new filing obligations will apply to VAT registered businesses with turnover above the current VAT registration limit, £85,000.
To comply with MTD firms will need to file their returns – for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019 – using software that can link with HMRC’s MTD servers.
Readers affected, and who have not yet considered their options, should take advice, and quickly. We can offer advice on the use of appropriate software, but time is running out. Avoid last minute challenges and call now to discuss your options.
- Supreme Court determines Uber drivers are workers - February 25, 2021
- Do you qualify for the fourth SEISS grant? - February 23, 2021
- Tax claims if working from home - February 18, 2021
- UK Pensions Bill receives Royal Assent - February 16, 2021
- Prospects for 2021 - February 11, 2021
- New UK subsidies to replace EU State Aid - February 10, 2021
- Current tax year will still end 5 April 2021 - February 4, 2021
- Tax office moves the penalty spot - February 2, 2021