As we have mentioned before in this newsletter, VAT returns filed for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019, may need to be filed using the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) protocols. The new filing obligations will apply to VAT registered businesses with turnover above the current VAT registration limit, £85,000.
To comply with MTD firms will need to file their returns – for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019 – using software that can link with HMRC’s MTD servers.
Readers affected, and who have not yet considered their options, should take advice, and quickly. We can offer advice on the use of appropriate software, but time is running out. Avoid last minute challenges and call now to discuss your options.
- Are you ready for 1 January 2021? - November 25, 2020
- Furlough claims from 1 November 2020 - November 24, 2020
- Are you eligible for further self-employed grants? - November 19, 2020
- Current businesses subject to lock-down - November 17, 2020
- Are you eligible for Universal Credit? - November 12, 2020
- Government financial support extended - November 9, 2020
- Get ready for end of EU transition period - November 5, 2020
- Are you making the most of your accounts data? - November 4, 2020