As we have mentioned before in this newsletter, VAT returns filed for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019, may need to be filed using the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) protocols. The new filing obligations will apply to VAT registered businesses with turnover above the current VAT registration limit, £85,000.
To comply with MTD firms will need to file their returns – for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019 – using software that can link with HMRC’s MTD servers.
Readers affected, and who have not yet considered their options, should take advice, and quickly. We can offer advice on the use of appropriate software, but time is running out. Avoid last minute challenges and call now to discuss your options.
- Keeping an eye on the competition - May 23, 2019
- The new State Pension - May 21, 2019
- Tax-free gains 2019-20 - May 16, 2019
- HMRC and the National Minimum Wage rates - May 14, 2019
- Landlords faced with another tax hit next year - May 9, 2019
- Employers what is Class 1a NIC? - May 8, 2019
- Tax Diary May/June 2019 - May 2, 2019
- Do not forget the payslips - May 2, 2019