Last call for VAT traders to prepare for new filing regulations
As we have mentioned before in this newsletter, VAT returns filed for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019, may need to be filed using the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) protocols. The new filing obligations will apply to VAT registered businesses with turnover above the current VAT registration limit, £85,000.
To comply with MTD firms will need to file their returns – for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019 – using software that can link with HMRC’s MTD servers.
Readers affected, and who have not yet considered their options, should take advice, and quickly. We can offer advice on the use of appropriate software, but time is running out. Avoid last minute challenges and call now to discuss your options.
- The power of management accounting and cloud software for SMEs - May 25, 2023
- Rising cost of fuel and groceries fall under spotlight - May 23, 2023
- Government cash for industries to boost economy and cut emissions - May 18, 2023
- Millions of pounds saved as tide is turned on benefit fraudsters - May 16, 2023
- Tax change supports low-earning savers - May 11, 2023
- Restaurant and bar staff to benefit from new tipping law - May 9, 2023
- Fresh financial support for energy intensive businesses - May 4, 2023
- Fake reviews given thumbs down in new clampdown - May 3, 2023