As we have mentioned before in this newsletter, VAT returns filed for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019, may need to be filed using the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) protocols. The new filing obligations will apply to VAT registered businesses with turnover above the current VAT registration limit, £85,000.
To comply with MTD firms will need to file their returns – for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019 – using software that can link with HMRC’s MTD servers.
Readers affected, and who have not yet considered their options, should take advice, and quickly. We can offer advice on the use of appropriate software, but time is running out. Avoid last minute challenges and call now to discuss your options.
- Time to let your hair down. - October 21, 2021
- What is cabotage? - October 19, 2021
- Reduction in support for hospitality sector - October 14, 2021
- Tax year end – all change? - October 13, 2021
- Better late than never - October 7, 2021
- New measures to ease fuel supply chain pressures - October 5, 2021
- Tax Diary October/November 2021 - October 4, 2021
- Students are warned of tax scams - October 4, 2021