As we have mentioned before in this newsletter, VAT returns filed for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019, may need to be filed using the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) protocols. The new filing obligations will apply to VAT registered businesses with turnover above the current VAT registration limit, £85,000.
To comply with MTD firms will need to file their returns – for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019 – using software that can link with HMRC’s MTD servers.
Readers affected, and who have not yet considered their options, should take advice, and quickly. We can offer advice on the use of appropriate software, but time is running out. Avoid last minute challenges and call now to discuss your options.
- Government acknowledges HGV driver shortage - July 27, 2021
- Time to check Minimum Wage Rates? - July 22, 2021
- Claiming for work-related expenses - July 20, 2021
- Is inflation something to be concerned about? - July 15, 2021
- Is July 19th freedom-day? - July 13, 2021
- Business rates overall for England - July 8, 2021
- Furlough support changed 1 July 2021 - July 6, 2021
- Tax Diary July/August 2021 - July 1, 2021