As we have mentioned before in this newsletter, VAT returns filed for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019, may need to be filed using the new Making Tax Digital (MTD) protocols. The new filing obligations will apply to VAT registered businesses with turnover above the current VAT registration limit, £85,000.
To comply with MTD firms will need to file their returns – for periods commencing on or after 1 April 2019 – using software that can link with HMRC’s MTD servers.
Readers affected, and who have not yet considered their options, should take advice, and quickly. We can offer advice on the use of appropriate software, but time is running out. Avoid last minute challenges and call now to discuss your options.
- Are your Child Benefits under threat? - May 6, 2021
- Tax Diary May/June 2021 - May 4, 2021
- Advisory Fuel Rates from 1 March 2021 - May 4, 2021
- Averaging profits for creators of literary or artistic works - May 4, 2021
- Charity – using a subsidiary trading company - May 4, 2021
- A new government-backed loan scheme - May 4, 2021
- Data Protection obligations - May 4, 2021
- Beware trading into insolvency - April 29, 2021