A package of support to help high streets to get back on their feet was launched 12 June 2020. This announcement was made just days before shops were allowed to reopen on 15 June.
The High Streets Task Force will provide access to cutting-edge tools, training, information and advice for high streets across England as part of the government’s efforts to get shops open and back in business.
This support is open to local councils and all organisations involved with high streets and will include free access to online training programmes, webinars, data and intelligence on topics including recovery planning and coordination, public space and place marketing.
The support will form one part of the Task Force’s 4-year programme which will focus on the long-term transformation of town and city centres and helping communities reimagine and revitalise their high streets.
- Government acknowledges HGV driver shortage - July 27, 2021
- Time to check Minimum Wage Rates? - July 22, 2021
- Claiming for work-related expenses - July 20, 2021
- Is inflation something to be concerned about? - July 15, 2021
- Is July 19th freedom-day? - July 13, 2021
- Business rates overall for England - July 8, 2021
- Furlough support changed 1 July 2021 - July 6, 2021
- Tax Diary July/August 2021 - July 1, 2021