If you need evidence of employment for a claim, the following notes published by HMRC may help.
You can ask HMRC for a record of your employment history, for example if you are making a compensation claim for:
- an industrial injury (for example asbestosis or industrial deafness)
- a road traffic accident
- medical negligence
- hardship (for example you’re claiming through a benevolent fund or charity)
How to get your employment history
Fill in the application form that is available on the gov.uk website and send it to HMRC. The address is on the form.
Apply for an employment history on behalf of someone who has died
You can also apply to get the employment history of someone who has died if you are legally entitled to claim damages on behalf of their estate.
If you are wary of undertaking the task, we can help.
- Making use of under-utilised resources - August 5, 2021
- New reforms to protect consumers hard-earned cash - August 4, 2021
- Tax Diary August/September 2021 - August 3, 2021
- Tax-free property and trading income - August 3, 2021
- Sponsoring a charity - August 3, 2021
- Business entertaining and tax relief - August 3, 2021
- VAT – Second-hand cars – using the Margin Scheme - August 3, 2021
- The furlough cliff edge - July 29, 2021