If you need evidence of employment for a claim, the following notes published by HMRC may help.
You can ask HMRC for a record of your employment history, for example if you are making a compensation claim for:
- an industrial injury (for example asbestosis or industrial deafness)
- a road traffic accident
- medical negligence
- hardship (for example you’re claiming through a benevolent fund or charity)
How to get your employment history
Fill in the application form that is available on the gov.uk website and send it to HMRC. The address is on the form.
Apply for an employment history on behalf of someone who has died
You can also apply to get the employment history of someone who has died if you are legally entitled to claim damages on behalf of their estate.
If you are wary of undertaking the task, we can help.
- Are you ready for 1 January 2021? - November 25, 2020
- Furlough claims from 1 November 2020 - November 24, 2020
- Are you eligible for further self-employed grants? - November 19, 2020
- Current businesses subject to lock-down - November 17, 2020
- Are you eligible for Universal Credit? - November 12, 2020
- Government financial support extended - November 9, 2020
- Get ready for end of EU transition period - November 5, 2020
- Are you making the most of your accounts data? - November 4, 2020