Obtain proof of employment history
If you need evidence of employment for a claim, the following notes published by HMRC may help.
You can ask HMRC for a record of your employment history, for example if you are making a compensation claim for:
- an industrial injury (for example asbestosis or industrial deafness)
- a road traffic accident
- medical negligence
- hardship (for example you’re claiming through a benevolent fund or charity)
How to get your employment history
Fill in the application form that is available on the gov.uk website and send it to HMRC. The address is on the form.
Apply for an employment history on behalf of someone who has died
You can also apply to get the employment history of someone who has died if you are legally entitled to claim damages on behalf of their estate.
If you are wary of undertaking the task, we can help.
- Paying work-related expenses? Do not forget to claim - May 30, 2023
- The power of management accounting and cloud software for SMEs - May 25, 2023
- Rising cost of fuel and groceries fall under spotlight - May 23, 2023
- Government cash for industries to boost economy and cut emissions - May 18, 2023
- Millions of pounds saved as tide is turned on benefit fraudsters - May 16, 2023
- Tax change supports low-earning savers - May 11, 2023
- Restaurant and bar staff to benefit from new tipping law - May 9, 2023
- Fresh financial support for energy intensive businesses - May 4, 2023