Prepare benefit in kind returns to HMRC
Next month, as you will see from the Tax Diary notes for July, employers that provide any form of taxable benefit to clients will need to prepare and file P11D returns to HMRC. The deadline to file is 6 July 2021.
You will also need to provide employees affected with a copy of their P11D form by the same date. They will need this to check their tax account or to include on their tax return.
Unfortunately, there is one further chore to complete this annual process.
Employers are obliged to pay employers’ National Insurance contributions on the aggregate value of benefits provided to all employees. The way to do this is to complete a P11D(b) return; and again, this needs to be filed by 6 July 2021. NIC class 1A contributions are payable at 13.8% of the total benefits returned and are payable by 22 July 2021 if paid electronically or by 19 July 2021 if you pay by cheque.
If we prepare your payroll, we may undertake this work for you.
If not, do not miss the filing and payment deadlines otherwise you may trigger late filing penalties and interest charges.
Any Class 1A NIC paid is an allowable deduction for tax purposes.
- Green finance projects receive government backing - June 1, 2023
- Paying work-related expenses? Do not forget to claim - May 30, 2023
- The power of management accounting and cloud software for SMEs - May 25, 2023
- Rising cost of fuel and groceries fall under spotlight - May 23, 2023
- Government cash for industries to boost economy and cut emissions - May 18, 2023
- Millions of pounds saved as tide is turned on benefit fraudsters - May 16, 2023
- Tax change supports low-earning savers - May 11, 2023
- Restaurant and bar staff to benefit from new tipping law - May 9, 2023