If you have still not submitted all of the information we need to complete your 2019-20 tax return, could we ask you to respond as soon as you can as the deadline is fast approaching – 31 January 2021.
HMRC has made no announcement that this deadline will be extended. Accordingly, the initial £100 late filing penalty will apply to any 2019-20 return filed electronically after 31 January 2021.
If you are having difficulties tracking down information, lost P60s etc, please call so that we can agree on a strategy to secure the missing data.
None of us need any additional pressure at this point in time as we all grapple with the effects of COVID disruption. However, we hope you can respond to this request – if it applies to you – in good faith and in the knowledge that our first priority is to keep you compliant and to avoid penalties.
Finally, can we thank readers who have supplied the required tax return information prior to this reminder.
- Tax Diary February/March 2023 - January 31, 2023
- PAYE and overseas employees 24773 - January 31, 2023
- When you must register for VAT - January 31, 2023
- Limits to tax relief for pension contributions - January 31, 2023
- Corporation tax changes April 2023 - January 31, 2023
- Do not get caught out by dodgy job ads - January 31, 2023
- Electric car owners to save money under landmark initiative - January 26, 2023
- Be on your guard against scammers - January 24, 2023