Self-Assessment filing deadline draws near
If you have still not submitted all of the information we need to complete your 2019-20 tax return, could we ask you to respond as soon as you can as the deadline is fast approaching – 31 January 2021.
HMRC has made no announcement that this deadline will be extended. Accordingly, the initial £100 late filing penalty will apply to any 2019-20 return filed electronically after 31 January 2021.
If you are having difficulties tracking down information, lost P60s etc, please call so that we can agree on a strategy to secure the missing data.
None of us need any additional pressure at this point in time as we all grapple with the effects of COVID disruption. However, we hope you can respond to this request – if it applies to you – in good faith and in the knowledge that our first priority is to keep you compliant and to avoid penalties.
Finally, can we thank readers who have supplied the required tax return information prior to this reminder.
- The power of management accounting and cloud software for SMEs - May 25, 2023
- Rising cost of fuel and groceries fall under spotlight - May 23, 2023
- Government cash for industries to boost economy and cut emissions - May 18, 2023
- Millions of pounds saved as tide is turned on benefit fraudsters - May 16, 2023
- Tax change supports low-earning savers - May 11, 2023
- Restaurant and bar staff to benefit from new tipping law - May 9, 2023
- Fresh financial support for energy intensive businesses - May 4, 2023
- Fake reviews given thumbs down in new clampdown - May 3, 2023