Even though many of the uncertainties that have plagued UK politics during 2019 are still to be decided, at least the hiatus in parliament has been resolved; the Conservatives now have a working majority and we can expect action on a number of fronts.
Business readers with any sort of trading platform with the EU need to consider their options as the EU withdrawal agreement is likely to be ratified by 31 January 2020. At a minimum, EU traders should complete their Brexit impact assessments and take steps to mitigate any apparent risks identified.
Please call if you would like our help with this process.
When will the 2020 Budget be announced?
The new government will probably concentrate on the EU withdrawal process during January and it is unlikely Budget announcements will be in evidence before February.
Budget issues do need to receive fairly urgent attention as there are a number of Income Tax reliefs that are still to be determined for 2020-21.
As details emerge we will be publishing our usual Budget round-up and advising clients of any new opportunities to trim their tax bills and take advantage of any new opportunities revealed.
- Government backtracks on Double Cabs Pickups - February 29, 2024
- Skills Bootcamps - February 27, 2024
- Self-Assessment tax returns 2023-24 - February 22, 2024
- Timing in business is everything - February 20, 2024
- Support for thousands of pubs - February 15, 2024
- Keep an eye on your income for 2023-24 - February 13, 2024
- Powers of Attorney Act receives Royal Assent - February 8, 2024
- State Pension entitlement if you retire abroad - February 6, 2024