Even though many of the uncertainties that have plagued UK politics during 2019 are still to be decided, at least the hiatus in parliament has been resolved; the Conservatives now have a working majority and we can expect action on a number of fronts.
Business readers with any sort of trading platform with the EU need to consider their options as the EU withdrawal agreement is likely to be ratified by 31 January 2020. At a minimum, EU traders should complete their Brexit impact assessments and take steps to mitigate any apparent risks identified.
Please call if you would like our help with this process.
When will the 2020 Budget be announced?
The new government will probably concentrate on the EU withdrawal process during January and it is unlikely Budget announcements will be in evidence before February.
Budget issues do need to receive fairly urgent attention as there are a number of Income Tax reliefs that are still to be determined for 2020-21.
As details emerge we will be publishing our usual Budget round-up and advising clients of any new opportunities to trim their tax bills and take advantage of any new opportunities revealed.
- Tax Diary December 2021/January 2022 - December 2, 2021
- Budget bad news 27 October 2021 - December 2, 2021
- Budget bonuses 27 October 2021 - December 2, 2021
- Business gifts and tax - December 2, 2021
- Christmas gifts for staff - December 2, 2021
- Increasing footfall - December 2, 2021
- Christmas shopping warning - November 30, 2021
- Beware tax scams - November 23, 2021