The government have launched a new website aimed at parents who may be able to claim for support with childcare costs.
The web address is https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/.
How Tax-Free Childcare works
Working parents will be able to apply, through the childcare service, to open an online childcare account. For every £8 that families or friends pay in, the Government will make a top-up payment of an additional £2, up to a maximum of £2,000 per child per year (or £4,000 for disabled children). This top up is added instantly and parents can then send electronic payments directly to their childcare providers.
All registered childcare providers – whether nannies, nurseries or after school clubs – can sign up online now to receive parents’ payments through Tax-Free Childcare. Once childcare providers have signed up they will appear on the Childcare Provider Checker. This allows parents to check whether childcare providers have already signed up for Tax-Free Childcare.
How 30 hours’ free childcare works
Eligible parents will be able to apply online through the childcare service. They will receive a code – this will allow parents to arrange their childcare place ahead of September 2017. Parents can take their code to their provider or council, along with their National Insurance Number and child’s date of birth. Their provider or council will check the code is authentic and allocate them a free childcare place.
Parents can quantify the amount that they may be able to claim using the Gov.uk childcare calculator at https://www.gov.uk/childcare-calculator
- Autumn Statement – the main points - November 30, 2023
- Check your National Insurance record online - November 28, 2023
- Autumn Statement Summary 2023 - November 23, 2023
- Autumn Statement wish list - November 22, 2023
- A billion pounds of business red tape to be removed - November 21, 2023
- Second cost of living support payments - November 16, 2023
- Could you be due a sizable tax refund? - November 14, 2023
- How to reward your staff and not the taxman - November 9, 2023